Only because it was Ari who tagged me, it’s 4:30am and I’m bored..
Always post the rules:
- Answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 10 new ones
- Tag 10 people and link them
- Let them know that they have been tagged
1. What’s one fruit or vegetable that best describes your personality?
2. Videogames are a valid art form - yay or nay?
3. What one word in the English language would you change in some way - be it grammatically, in terms of definition or whatever - and why?
4. What is your favourite season? And in five words or less, why?
5. What’s your one overriding memory of primary (elementary) school, good or bad?
6. Guitar preference - acoustic, electric or bass? And what’s one song/composition that gives you goosebumps in relation to this?
7. If your life was immortalised in book/film/song form, what would the title be, and why?
8. Describe your dream home - the building (style/materials) and surroundings, not what’s inside.
9. What’s the best meal you can think of that you could make with what’s in your fridge right now?
10. Which one Tumblr community member would you most like to take home to meet your parents, why, and how do you imagine it would go?
mslabyrinth (this may be cheating but I’m curious about her answers!), kategclef, soistayed, mickeymichal, subtletyofdialogue, beinah, whenalionroars, aclockworkplum, allenwilt, antimonysouler.
My answers to Ari’s questions:
1. What is the ring tone on your cellphone?
"Concerto No. 2 in G Minor, RV 315, ‘L’estate’: III. Presto" (from Vivaldi’s Four Seasons) - Nigel Kennedy & the English Chamber Orchestra.
Because it’s a wonderful piece of music, and I prefer wordless classical or game soundtracks for my ringtone.
2. What would be written on your grave’s headstone?
I’ve never really thought about having a headstone in the first place, and there’s not a profound quote or anything that comes to mind.
3. The one thing you’d like to teach your children.
I once wrote this. It kind of explains everything.
4. What is happiness?
A successful lesson taught, a walk through the woods, a game of cards with the significant other and her daughters, a completed piece of writing, an emotive piece of music… happiness can’t be defined so easily as this question requires. Happiness is everything and it is nothing.
5. Do you have a role model in life? If yes, who?
When I was young, it was my Grandad. He was the centre of everything, the father figure his son should have been and the only person in my family I would say I was close to.
Nowadays, I wouldn’t say I have a role model per se, because I am inspired and humbled in some way by everyone I come into contact with. Those I speak to here on Tumblr or other online platforms, the ladies in the coffee shop I frequent, friends and acquaintances I meet on a daily basis. The teachers both around me and whom I speak to here (Kate and Ari spring to mind) are models for me in my professional life, as are the students who come through the door to my classroom.
6. What would a day of pure indulgence be for you if money wasn’t an issue?
Nothing too dissimilar to how I’ve spent my recent weekends - with Joanna and the girls, either a day out somewhere (skiing recently has been a blast, or a cinema/shopping trip, or a walk in the woods/mountains around where they live), a nice meal at their home, an evening spent curled up on the sofa with them and a film or around the coffee table playing cards. Money wouldn’t make it about buying material things. It would be about giving me the freedom of not having to worry about time expiring too soon and having to return at a certain time due to the bus timetable.
7. A song that means a lot to you and the reason why.
This one is tough, but The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel is the one song I have listened to more than any other, and which resonates most with me. That and Those Who Fight Further by Nobuo Uematsu from the Final Fantasy VII OST, because my whole life to date has felt like one continuous boss fight.
8. Time travel or teleportation?
My curiosity would usually say time travel - the knowledge of space and the future would be too great to turn down, as would the chance to go back and live like a Viking in Anglo-Saxon Britain. But in current circumstances, living some miles apart from the better half and having to rely on an ancient, unreliable bus service, teleportation it is.
9. Describe the way you fall in love.
Hard, committed, cautious-yet-carefree, afraid.
10. Have you ever cheated? Explain.
I am not proud of the fact that I have, technically, but in the context of the relationship already being emotionally dead on both sides, and just a matter of time until I moved out and it being declared ‘official’, it was an inevitability. I don’t hold any regrets about it, nor will I. Life happens for a reason, for better or for worse. If none of that had happened, I would not have landed my dream job, returned to Poland nor met Joanna and the girls.